A More In-Depth Look in the Libya Slavery Crisis
In 2017, there is still slavery. Many of us may not pay attention to it. Many of us may not watch enough news to see the horrors. Many of us waste time debating or denying it is happening. Many of us use social media posts and more with photos, memes, and animations that may or may not effectively reflect the crisis. Well, this small collection of videos and news articles from CNN, Euronews, MSNBC with Joy Reid, and a London News station
The following news articles and videos will provide more in-depth perspective into how unwanted migrants are auctioned off into slavery. The following Videos and articles presented are:
- MSNBC – AM Joy: Libyan Slave Trade: ‘World Is Watching, Very Little Is Being Done’
- CNN’s: Africans enslaved in Libya are people — let’s treat them with humanity
- EuroNews’: African slaves ‘sold in Libyan car parks for $200
- Channel 4 News London: Rescued African migrants say they are fleeing slavery
MSNBC AM Joy with Joy Reid:
Libyan Slave Trade: ‘World Is Watching, Very Little Is Being Done’ | AM Joy | MSNBC
Reports of a Libyan slave trade have sent shock waves around the world, but Joy Reid’s guests tell AM JOY that slavery in Libya is unfortunately not new, and will require international efforts to end.
CNN Video Caption:
Smugglers in Libya are auctioning migrants off as slaves. At a property outside Tripoli, CNN’s Nima Elbagir witnessed a dozen men go under the hammer in the space of minutes.
Umaro Djau writes that the international community must act quickly to defend the rights of African slaves in Libya, whose dignity has been stripped from them by smugglers and thieves.
Euronews Video Caption:
The United Nations’ migration agency says growing numbers of African migrants passing through Libya are being sold as slaves by traffickers or militia groups before being held for ransom.
The United Nations’ migration agency says growing numbers of African migrants passing through Libya are being sold as slaves by traffickers or militia groups before being held for…
Channel 4 News (London): Rescued African migrants say they are fleeing slavery
After taking in the video or articles, what is your perspective to provide a more in-depth view of what is going on and trying to determine what could be done than just a emoji and a comment. What could you do? What could we do?
Leave your comments below and share this article.
Latest posts by admin (see all)
- Where are those answers to the questions! Kwasi Amponsa and Elder Mkuu 2-4-23 - February 5, 2023
- The Lessons of the Ruby Bridges Desegregation Story (1960) - January 20, 2023
- Leadership Summit with Ty Lackey, Mkuu Mzee and Dr. Tdka Maat Kilimanjaro (Atlanta 1-14-23) - January 20, 2023