This is for The Obama Groupies.
This is what I always ask those Obama groupies.
By Olatunji Mwamba
Can you name one piece of legislation that President Obama has proposed to Congress that specifically addresses issues that negatively affects Black people?
Can you name one piece of legislation (HB# or SB# citations) that President Obama has proposed to Congress or co-sponsored that any other Legislator has proposed to Congress or even any Presidential Executive Orders, including the citations# that he has issued that specifically, addresses at least one of the myriad of issues that negatively affect Black people–Specific to us as opposed to those laws and/or Presidential Executive Orders he signed into law or issued for other groups that were specific to them?
Keep mind, I didn’t say ratified. I said proposed. In addition, Obama was the biggest proponent of the LGBTQIA Agenda. Where’s his ‘Black Agenda’?
Here are some things he did for other groups in this Country.
He wrote several Executive Orders, including:
(1) Executive Orders for the protection of Illegal Aliens such as DACA, etc.
(2) Protection of The LGBTQIA community. Support for ‘The Marriage Equality Act’, etc. Presidential Executive Orders to protect Transgendered people, The ‘Bathroom Laws’, etc.
(3) He paid the Jews $12 million dollars in Reparations for the Holocaust, even though the United States had no hand in the participation of that act, itself.
(4) He signed ‘The Blue Alert Law’ Legislation into law to protect Police Officers. But he provided no legal protection to Black people from the Police Officers for the murders of unarmed Black people and other forms of Police Brutality at all.
(5) Do you know about his Policies in Afrika? Do you know how he used AFRICOM in Afrika, against Afrikan people?
(6) He never chose one Black Candidate for the U.S. Supreme Court, either male or female. But he nominated a Lesbian Jew—Elena Kagan and a Puerto Rican—Sonia Sotomayor to the Court.
So, his hands weren’t tied at all. He had no intention of doing anything for us. If this were true, he’d have written some Presidential Executive Orders to affect some change for us, too. Sadly, he didn’t write any Executive Orders exclusively for us at all. He didn’t try to implement anything as regards to protecting Black people against Police Brutality or anything else.
What Obama offered to Black people was symbolism, hope, and eloquent speeches about us, and about our not expecting handouts from him, while we watched him do things for other organized groups. Black people are not expecting handouts.
Why didn’t Obama as a lawyer, at least address and propose policies that addressed the systemic policies of Racism white-Supremacy, that are still set in place that creates and maintains unfair disadvantages for Black people specifically? Most of the policies that were put in place to be barriers for Black people are still in place. And notice, I said proposed. He had the opportunity to propose whatever he wanted, even if it got blocked. But he never proposed anything exclusively for Black people at all.
Below is just some of the qualitative and quantitative things Obama did for other groups, while he failed to do anything for Black people.
“A president for everyone, except Black people”
Apr 14, 2013
Youtube video entitled, “Dear Obama”
Obama Says Blacks Must Take Responsibility
Why didn’t he lay the blame where it belongs, on the system of Racism white-Supremacy and those who created it and benefit by it? Particularly since he didn’t do anything to alleviate the problems created by that system.
(1) Eleven states sue Obama administration over bathroom guidance for transgender students
Obama to Public Schools: Allow Transgender Students Access to Bathrooms
(2) 19 ways Barack Obama changed the world on LGBT rights
(3) Obama signs ‘Blue Alert’ law to protect police
(4) U.S. Government to Pay $492 Million To 17 American Indian Tribes
(5) A JEWISH PERSPECTIVE ON REPARATIONS
Obama administration earmarks $12 million in Reparations for Holocaust survivors
(6) Obama and the Drive for Slavery Reparations
Obama opposes slavery Reparations http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/obama-opposes-reparations-slavery-article-1.314179
(7) America Has Compensated Other Groups, But Obama Opposes Reparations for Black People. Why?
(8) Barack Obama has done zero for Black people
(9) Why won’t Obama apologize for U.S. Slavery? How Reparations debate for Blacks has kept Congress from Apologizing for Slave History
(10) The Obama Administration’s Drone-Strike Dissembling
(11) Obama says men have been getting on his nerves: ‘We’re violent; we’re bullying’
(12) ‘They sell Africans over there’: Libya’s slave trade
(13) African migrants being sold as slaves by Libyan human traffickers ‘have their organs harvested, bodies mutilated and roasted like kebabs’ claims Nigerian ex-minister